Proz.com Paying Member ? Kudoz Leader ? Contest Winner ? ... Directory shows only "non members"
Thread poster: Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A.
Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A.
Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A.  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 19:56
German to Italian
+ ...
Feb 25, 2021

Dear colleagues,

This is to inform you that there are many technical issues in our profiles and directories.

1. Are you a Proz.com Paying Member and Kudoz Leader ?
... only NON members are shown in the Directory of translators and interpreters (under "members")

2. Are you a Contest Winner ?
... Something went wrong... Error creating certificate. Unable to get certificate data.

3. Have you attended Proz Trainings ?
... Pro
... See more
Dear colleagues,

This is to inform you that there are many technical issues in our profiles and directories.

... only NON members are shown in the Directory of translators and interpreters (under "members")

... Something went wrong... Error creating certificate. Unable to get certificate data.

... Profile > Events and training > 44 Trainings attended
... 44 Trainings disappeared !

4. Have you attended Proz Conferences, Powwows ?
... Profile > Events and training > Conference Attended
... PROZ Conference in Dortmund, Germany, 2009 ... disappeared !

5. Our Proz family is getting bigger and bigger ...

Since 2008, I do pay the membership, and I'm a Kudoz Leader, https://www.proz.com/?sp=leaders_new

Unfortunately, my name - and the name of Proz (paying) members is no more shown in the directory of translators and interpreters ... showing only "Non Members under "Members"
German to Italian translators: directory of translators and interpreters
Kudoz Leader: N° 1 with 11605 PRO points
but only NON members are shown in the Directory - under "members"
https://www.proz.com/translator-directory/?sp=directory&to=ita&from=deu&pair_emphasis=3&type=na&country=&cred=na&software=na&avail=na&keyword=&nshow=25&location=&sdl_trados_cert_level=na&sdlx_cert_level=na&field=&wwa=na&profile_last_updated=any&latitude=&longitude=&distance=50&mode=view&orderby=&direction=DESC&numplat=407&numnonplat=5907&nshow=25&start=0
English to Italian translators: directory of translators and interpreters
Kudoz Leader: N° 7 with 5080 PRO points
but only NON members are shown in the Directory - under "members"
https://www.proz.com/translator-directory/?sp=directory&to=ita&from=deu&pair_emphasis=3&nshow=25&sdl_trados_cert_level=na&sdlx_cert_level=na&field=&latitude=&longitude=&distance=50&orderby=&direction=DESC&mode=view&from=eng&to=ita&pair_emphasis=3&field=&type=na&skill_interpreting=Any&skill_subtitling=Any&distance=50&location=&latitude=&longitude=&country=&cred=na&software=na&sdl_trados_cert_level=na&sdlx_cert_level=na&avail=na&keyword=&wwa=na&profile_last_updated=any&posted_wiwo_within_days=&orderby=

Profile > Contests won - 25th translation contest: Spanish to Italian
- PDF
click on "Spanish to Italian"
25th translation contest: "Alien first impressions" » Spanish to Italian
https://www.proz.com/translation-contests/pair/4192

click on "PDF" - PDF image (Contest Certificate)
A new ProZ.com translation contests interface is currently in development, and a preview contest is underway. Click here to visit the new interface »
Something went wrong... Error creating certificate. Unable to get certificate data.
https://www.proz.com/?sp=contests&view=full_certificate&ctlid=4192&entity_id=827948&contest_id=65

"Alien first impressions" winners announcement ... 11 Feb. 2021 ... 19 winners in 18 language pairs
https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_translation_contests/349330-"alien_first_impressions"_winners_announcement.html

Among the many Trainings attended, there are 44 Proz webinars
... previously showed in my profile, but now disappeared.
Profile > Events and training > Trainings attended ... disappeared !

4. Have you attended Proz Conferences, Powwows ?

Among the many Conferences attended, at least one is missing:
Proz Conference in Dortmund, Germany, 2009 (attended in person and paid 180 euro).
Profile > Events and training > Conferences attended

Some Powwows are also missing... although I'm not interested in showing them.
Profile > Events and training > Powwow attended

5. Our Proz family is getting bigger and bigger...
Since 2008 I belong to the few paying members ("Members") among the "Total Profiles".
Any language to Italian
1,868 members (49,255 total profiles)
Any language to German
2,377 members (48,586 total profiles)
Any language to English
11,053 members (over 100,000 total profiles)
Any language to French
2,974 members (72,243 total profiles)
Any language to Spanish
3,181 members (over 100,000 total profiles)

[Edited at 2021-02-26 07:45 GMT]
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:56
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Christina Feb 25, 2021

I’ve just checked and in what regards me everything is fine with my place in the directory and with my profile. Anyway, I believe this problem should be submitted to Proz staff as a support request.

P.S. I see the links correctly as Samuel and Elena.

DE-IT
Results (5910): 3 members | 5907 non-members
With you in 1st place

EN-IT
Results (28655): 1326 members | 27329 non-members.
With you in 4th place

[Edited at 2021-0
... See more
I’ve just checked and in what regards me everything is fine with my place in the directory and with my profile. Anyway, I believe this problem should be submitted to Proz staff as a support request.

P.S. I see the links correctly as Samuel and Elena.

DE-IT
Results (5910): 3 members | 5907 non-members
With you in 1st place

EN-IT
Results (28655): 1326 members | 27329 non-members.
With you in 4th place

[Edited at 2021-02-25 13:10 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
When I visit those URLs... Feb 25, 2021

Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A. wrote:
(First URL in post)

I get this:

(Second URL in post)

I get this:

[ProZ.com's forum software doesn't accept my uploads all of a sudden.]

[Edited at 2021-02-25 11:08 GMT]

Elena Feriani

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:56
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Christina Feb 25, 2021

I’ve also checked your profile and everything seems fine now. Was it just an occasional bug?

Elena Feriani

Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A.  Identity Verified
Austria
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Directories "English to Italian" and "German to Italian" - NO cookies - Please change : Topic Format Feb 25, 2021

Thanks Teresa for your reply.
Screenshot not published here, because it shows the name of Non Members.
Support tickets already sent, in December, January, February - incl. screenshot.
In the Directory, it's not the first time that the first and second pages only show "Non Members" in the Directory of Members.
Unfortunately, the problem exists in the Directories "English to Italian" and "German to Italian", where I'm a Kudoz Leader and Paying Member since 2008. My name, as
... See more
Thanks Teresa for your reply.
Screenshot not published here, because it shows the name of Non Members.
Support tickets already sent, in December, January, February - incl. screenshot.
In the Directory, it's not the first time that the first and second pages only show "Non Members" in the Directory of Members.
Unfortunately, the problem exists in the Directories "English to Italian" and "German to Italian", where I'm a Kudoz Leader and Paying Member since 2008. My name, as well as the name of other Kudoz Leaders and Paying Members has just disappeared.

Teresa Borges wrote:

No cookies ... nothing changed

Thanks Elena, but I've not changed anything.
Same problem with Firefox, Chrome, etc.

Elena Feriani wrote

Cookies?

I see the links correctly as Samuel. Have you tried from another browser? It could be an issue due to your browser's cookies/cache.

Proz Staff ... please change : Inclusive-format topic >> Standard format topic

Sorry. Unable to reply, because I posted this topic as an "Inclusive-format topic"
You have reached the posting limit for this thread.
A maximum of two postings is permitted in response to this "inclusive-format" topic

[Edited at 2021-02-25 12:25 GMT]
Collapse

Elena Feriani

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Cookies? Feb 25, 2021

I see the links correctly as Samuel. Have you tried from another browser? It could be an issue due to your browser's cookies/cache.

Inna Borymova
Inna Borymova  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
Member (2013)
English to Russian
+ ...
I do get email from potential clients Feb 25, 2021

So this should work. However I have not been among "featured translators" for over two years, disappointing

Cristina Crişan
Cristina Crişan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 20:56
English to Romanian
+ ...
URLs Feb 26, 2021

I've checked out the URLs, too, and only get the correct results when I'm not logged in to proz.com.
As soon as I log in, the list changes and I get the non-member list, even though at the top it reads
Results (408): 407 members | 1 non-members

I've tried three browsers and they all do the same.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Curiously Feb 26, 2021

Curiously, today I get the results that the OP were talking about -- "Results (408): 407 members | 1 non-members" for the one and "Results (1266): 1265 members | 1 non-members" for the other.

I'm able to get my original results in the first search by changing the criteria from "among top 3 pairs" to "among top 8 pairs", but no amount of fiddling with the settings gets me my original results for the second search. The URLs provided by the OP in her first post clearly has "pair_empha
... See more
Curiously, today I get the results that the OP were talking about -- "Results (408): 407 members | 1 non-members" for the one and "Results (1266): 1265 members | 1 non-members" for the other.

I'm able to get my original results in the first search by changing the criteria from "among top 3 pairs" to "among top 8 pairs", but no amount of fiddling with the settings gets me my original results for the second search. The URLs provided by the OP in her first post clearly has "pair_emphasis=3".

The odd thing with the first search is that the OP was on top in my original results (and the results show "407 members") but the OP is nowhere to be found in the results today (even though the results still show "407 members").

German to Italian is the OP's top pair, and if I limit the search to "top pair" or "among top 8 pairs", she's comes out on top, but if I select "among top 3 pairs", she disappears from the list, even though she has more KudoZ points than any of the other members and should appear at the top. The only thing I can think of is that ProZ.com must be applying some other criteria than just the KudoZ score. And this is disadvantageous to the OP, because I suspect that "among top 3 pairs" is the option that most clients use.

Proz Staff ... please change : Inclusive-format topic >> Standard format topic

You can ask the moderator to change it (if he's not too busy... click the "[Call to this topic]" link at the bottom of the page), but I've never witnessed an "inclusive" topic (which are exclusive, not inclusive, as you have discovered) being changed to a non-inclusive topic simply because the original poster realised their mistake.

"Inclusive" posts are for when one wants to have lots of little opinions about something but can't wait to qualify for posting a poll.

[Edited at 2021-02-26 08:00 GMT]
Collapse

Philippe Locquet

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Update Mar 26, 2021

"German to Italian" seems to be working fine, "English to Italian" is showing non-members first.

Peter Shortall
Peter Shortall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Romanian to English
+ ...
Same issue with the directory here (EN-RO) Mar 28, 2021

I have experienced the same issue with the directory for the EN-RO language pair, which I searched recently as a client of mine needed a translator in that language pair. Instead of paying ProZ members, I see non-members. I tried again just now and it's still happening. It doesn't happen with the reverse pair (RO-EN), only EN-RO. I didn't refine my search by adding any other criteria, I only searched by language pair. Both page 1 and page 2 of the results show the exact same list of non-members,... See more
I have experienced the same issue with the directory for the EN-RO language pair, which I searched recently as a client of mine needed a translator in that language pair. Instead of paying ProZ members, I see non-members. I tried again just now and it's still happening. It doesn't happen with the reverse pair (RO-EN), only EN-RO. I didn't refine my search by adding any other criteria, I only searched by language pair. Both page 1 and page 2 of the results show the exact same list of non-members, even though it says at the top that I'm looking at the list of ProZ.com members. Only from page 3 onwards do I see the correct results.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz.com Paying Member ? Kudoz Leader ? Contest Winner ? ... Directory shows only "non members"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »