"Visit Exhibit Hall to download your Briefcase"?
Thread poster: Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:49
German to English
+ ...
Sep 26, 2012

I find the navigation for this week's virtual event somewhat confusing. After clicking in to check out today's sessions, I saw a purple box that said "Visit Exhibit Hall to download your Briefcase" - sounds intriguing, although I don't know exactly what a Briefcase is. So I clicked into the Exhibit Hall expecting to be directed to my "Briefcase," but instead I get the first page of vendors. OK, so I did a search for Briefcase - nothing. Clicked the various tabs - nothing.

What is a
... See more
I find the navigation for this week's virtual event somewhat confusing. After clicking in to check out today's sessions, I saw a purple box that said "Visit Exhibit Hall to download your Briefcase" - sounds intriguing, although I don't know exactly what a Briefcase is. So I clicked into the Exhibit Hall expecting to be directed to my "Briefcase," but instead I get the first page of vendors. OK, so I did a search for Briefcase - nothing. Clicked the various tabs - nothing.

What is a Briefcase and how can I download it?
Collapse

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:49
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Must have missed it Sep 26, 2012

I guess this event ended at 11am my time, and I just didn't get to it fast enough!

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:49
Portuguese to English
+ ...
I saw it as well! Sep 26, 2012

And do have to agree that this event and the navigation have been quite confusing indeed. I did not understand what this event was about in the end.

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:49
English to French
+ ...
In memoriam
Briefcase Sep 26, 2012

Hi,

As every year you can download a briefcase. It means that you can visit a booth in the exhibit hall and download documentation (as PDF, or html files, etc) about the product presented by the booth holder.

For instance, if you visit a booth, you click on the "Product Information" tab, at the top of the main window (in the right half of the screen), and then you select the file of interest and
1) either click on "open" and you read it immediately,
2) or
... See more
Hi,

As every year you can download a briefcase. It means that you can visit a booth in the exhibit hall and download documentation (as PDF, or html files, etc) about the product presented by the booth holder.

For instance, if you visit a booth, you click on the "Product Information" tab, at the top of the main window (in the right half of the screen), and then you select the file of interest and
1) either click on "open" and you read it immediately,
2) or click on "save", and then a new window will appear. It is the famous"briefcase", in which the document will be stored.
3) You also can download it directly to your computer.

At the end of your visit, I mean when you have saved in your briefcase all the documents of interest from all the booths of interest, you just have to click on the 3rd icon from the left at the bottom of any window related to the exhibit hall. I mean either from the window of any booth or from the "general" window of the Exhibit Hall.

This icon looks like a small suitcase/attaché case. It contains all the documentation you wanted to save in order to read it later.

When clicking on this icon it will open a window called "My briefcase". From this window, you can read or download the documents on your computer.

Hope this will help you.

Catherine

[Edited at 2012-09-26 20:00 GMT]
Collapse

Cveta Kundtz
Cveta Kundtz  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:49
Macedonian to English
+ ...
Thank you, Catherine Sep 26, 2012

Your post was very helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Visit Exhibit Hall to download your Briefcase"?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »