Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Demonstration of The Geoworkz Translation Workspace

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com virtual conferences » "Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Demonstration of The Geoworkz Translation Workspace".
You can see the ProZ.com virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:40
English to Spanish
x Sep 30, 2010

x

Cristina Giordani
Cristina Giordani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:40
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Bugs in TWS Sep 30, 2010

I experienced a few, but crucial bugs in TWS.
First of all, when you review a translation and change a 100% Match, TWS does not replicate this correction, i.e. next time you encounter the same (wrong) 100% Match, the TM does not propose your new corrected text, but the old one.
Second bug: TWS does not allow you to customize the Concordance Search, e.g. by the most recent/oldest entry. So, if you have big TMs and would like to see the most recently translated sentences, you can't. You
... See more
I experienced a few, but crucial bugs in TWS.
First of all, when you review a translation and change a 100% Match, TWS does not replicate this correction, i.e. next time you encounter the same (wrong) 100% Match, the TM does not propose your new corrected text, but the old one.
Second bug: TWS does not allow you to customize the Concordance Search, e.g. by the most recent/oldest entry. So, if you have big TMs and would like to see the most recently translated sentences, you can't. You have to scroll and scroll and even in this way you won't be sure that TWS show you the most recent segments.
So, these are two critical functions for a CAT tool, which TWS does not perform.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Demonstration of The Geoworkz Translation Workspace

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »