Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Showing the best collection of tips and tricks around to make the most of SDL Trados Studio

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com virtual conferences » "Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Showing the best collection of tips and tricks around to make the most of SDL Trados Studio".
You can see the ProZ.com virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Shakir Azeem
Shakir Azeem
India
Local time: 02:27
English to Tamil
+ ...
using external Wordprocessors with SDL Trados 2009 Sep 30, 2010

Hi, Wishing everybody an eventful and enhancing International Translation Day
I am a Tamil translator using few special Tamil Word processors for typing/editing. Is there a way to integrate this into SDL Trados 2009 environment by add-on or other means?

thanks

Lilikalibras
Lilikalibras
English to Portuguese
I can not see what Ghislandi are doing Sep 30, 2010

I would like to see what Ghislandi is describing, so it could be easyer understand Trados 2009.

Skribo
Skribo
Argentina
Local time: 17:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Cannot see last part of the session Sep 30, 2010

Just as Lilikalibras said, I can't see the last part of the session where the tips and tricks are shown.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:57
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same here Oct 1, 2010

I couldn't attend the live presentation and now that I'm accessing the replay, only the first part of the slides plays correctly, but the software demo has sound but no relevant image. : (

Mariusz Jackiewicz
Mariusz Jackiewicz  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:57
English to Polish
The same during live presentation - no image synchronization Oct 1, 2010

Presentation was very interesting, but maybe they should consider re-recording the video for some parts.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Recorded content will be available to attendees for replay Oct 1, 2010

Hi all,

I apologize for the delay in my reply and for any inconveniences you had during conference sessions.

Remember, if you missed any session or discussion panel, or if you experienced audio or video difficulties while attending them, you will be able to access all recorded content until December 30th, 2010.

Some sessions are already available in the confe
... See more
Hi all,

I apologize for the delay in my reply and for any inconveniences you had during conference sessions.

Remember, if you missed any session or discussion panel, or if you experienced audio or video difficulties while attending them, you will be able to access all recorded content until December 30th, 2010.

Some sessions are already available in the conference page, http://www.proz.com/translation3/freelance-translators/program , or in the virtual environment, while others will be made available within the next few days.

Hope this helps!

Lucia
Collapse

Michael Chirichigno
Michael Chirichigno  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:57
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Showing the best collection of tips and tricks around to make the most of SDL Trados Studio Oct 2, 2010

I attended this conference and found it interesting. Having bought the SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2009 Plus and not knowing how to use it I decided to watch it again. Unfortunately about 15 minutes into the conference a big advert comes up and annoyingly covers up the diagrams for the rest of the conference, which of course makes it incomprehensible. .

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Showing the best collection of tips and tricks around to make the most of SDL Trados Studio

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »