Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): (Members Only) Keep yourself busy: how to market to agencies, forge relationships and ensure you’ve always got a steady flow of work.
Batjavkhaa Batsaikhan
Batjavkhaa Batsaikhan  Identity Verified
Mongolia
Local time: 19:16
English to Mongolian
+ ...
Hi Sep 30, 2010

I'm interested in your presentation.

Salvador Scofano and Gry Midttun
Salvador Scofano and Gry Midttun
Norway
Local time: 13:16
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Is it possible to download the presentation? Oct 1, 2010

Hi Dana!

Is it possible to download the presentation?

Clémentine Choubrac
Clémentine Choubrac  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Is it possible to access the presentation on demand? Oct 1, 2010

Hello,

I am interested by this presentation but couldn't attend yesterday cause it clashed with the specialization panel group. Will this material be available on demand?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Recorded content will be available to attendees until December 30th, 2010 Oct 1, 2010

Hello all,

Sorry for the inconveniences you may have experienced at the event.

If you missed any session or discussion panel, or if you experienced audio or video difficulties while attending them, remember you will be able to access all recorded content until December 30th, 2010.

Some sessions are already ava
... See more
Hello all,

Sorry for the inconveniences you may have experienced at the event.

If you missed any session or discussion panel, or if you experienced audio or video difficulties while attending them, remember you will be able to access all recorded content until December 30th, 2010.

Some sessions are already available in the conference page, http://www.proz.com/translation3/freelance-translators/program , or in the virtual environment, while others will be made available within the next few days.

Hope this helps!

Lucia
Collapse

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Why is it necessary to have attended the conference? Oct 1, 2010

The conference was free. The materials state they are available to members. So why can't the presentations be seen by members who didn't attend the conference?

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Why is it necessary to have attended the conference? Oct 2, 2010

Marie-Hélène Hayles wrote:

The conference was free. The materials state they are available to members. So why can't the presentations be seen by members who didn't attend the conference?

I ask this myself too. As the Liber (international book fair) was organised in Barcelona (Spain) at the same time as the conferences, I wasn't unable to attend despite I was registered.

alexandra lozano
alexandra lozano  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
disappointment Oct 13, 2010

indeed, i was told during the conference that members would have the chance to see the presentations afterwards. I attended some of them but did not manage with all (as this one) and i was told proz.com would send an e-mail and put them on the site.

I am checking now and then and it does not seem as we are going to be able to see the missed contents... that's a real pity!

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Why is it necessary to have attended the conference? Oct 24, 2010

And still no answer...

[Edited at 2010-10-24 15:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): (Members Only) Keep yourself busy: how to market to agencies, forge relationships and ensure you’ve always got a steady flow of work.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »