Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Share a funny interpreting story!

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com virtual conferences » "Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Share a funny interpreting story!".
You can see the ProZ.com virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

raineagle (X)
raineagle (X)
Estonia
Local time: 15:37
German to Estonian
+ ...
just two little funny stories Sep 30, 2010

1. About one year ago I had to mention the name of a popular female singer while talking. But when I opened my mouth to tell the name, I suddenly forgot it - it was just gone. And even now, one year later, I'm still not able to remember it I know how she looks, I know how she sings - I also feel like knowing the name somewhere inside of me but I just can't tell it!
2. Several years ago I heard a man talking about the wife of
... See more
1. About one year ago I had to mention the name of a popular female singer while talking. But when I opened my mouth to tell the name, I suddenly forgot it - it was just gone. And even now, one year later, I'm still not able to remember it I know how she looks, I know how she sings - I also feel like knowing the name somewhere inside of me but I just can't tell it!
2. Several years ago I heard a man talking about the wife of Lot (from the Bible). As you may know, the wife was turned into a pillar of salt (because of her sinful behaviour) - in German "Salzsäule", but the interpreter told mistakenly "Salzsäure" which means that the wife was turned into "salt acid" (hydrochloric acid). I don't know really why I found it so funny but I just couldn't stop laughing!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Share a funny interpreting story!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »