Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): SEO for freelance translators - how can you promote your website yourself

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com virtual conferences » "Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): SEO for freelance translators - how can you promote your website yourself".
You can see the ProZ.com virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Marta Brambilla
Marta Brambilla  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 04:25
Member (2007)
German to Italian
+ ...
I would like to participate to this presentation Sep 23, 2010

Dear Mr. Czech,
I would like to listen to your presentation, only I don't know how as this is defined as a "on-demand" presentation.
What I have to do??
I'm a full member of Proz.
Thank you
Best Regards,
Marta Brambilla

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
On-demand content access Sep 23, 2010

Over 20+ hours of on-demand content will be available within the virtual conference environment on September 30th. To access this content, attendees merely need to log in on September 30th between 10:00 - 22:00 GMT and visit the "auditorium" where all scheduled events will be listed, as well as a link/button to view "on-demand" content.

Remember, only attendees who log-in to the
... See more
Over 20+ hours of on-demand content will be available within the virtual conference environment on September 30th. To access this content, attendees merely need to log in on September 30th between 10:00 - 22:00 GMT and visit the "auditorium" where all scheduled events will be listed, as well as a link/button to view "on-demand" content.

Remember, only attendees who log-in to the
event on September 30th will have access to session recordings after the conference. All of the "required" fields of your profile must also be complete.

Watch Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile
and

Profile completion 2.0 videos and complete your profile

submit a support request if you would like to receive personalized assistance from site staff.

Regards,

Drew
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:25
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Like Marta, I'm interested Sep 27, 2010

Drew MacFadyen wrote:

But what exactly will happen when I click on this on the day? I'd like to know what to expect, please. I really don't like knocking on doors if I don't know what will await me when they open! Is it some sort of pre-recorded presentation?

Stefan Streitferdt (X)
Stefan Streitferdt (X)
Local time: 21:25
German to Hungarian
+ ...
is canned text a response? Sep 30, 2010

Drew,
you have not answered the question asked by Mbrambilla, asked agin by Sheila and now by me.

PROF.CHIARA
PROF.CHIARA
French to Italian
+ ...
I am interested Sep 30, 2010

So do I, I am really interest in this event. What can I do?

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
It's well worth listening to Sep 30, 2010

Hello all,

I eventually took the risk and clicked on this session in the "on demand" list at the conference.

It was well worth it - very interesting indeed. As I've now found, all these "on demand" offers are pre-recorded sessions, Powerpoint presentations or similar. It's a shame that there is no idea of duration as I selected this session shortly before a live Q&A session that I then missed as I was so interested in Stanislaw's presentation.

Still, they w
... See more
Hello all,

I eventually took the risk and clicked on this session in the "on demand" list at the conference.

It was well worth it - very interesting indeed. As I've now found, all these "on demand" offers are pre-recorded sessions, Powerpoint presentations or similar. It's a shame that there is no idea of duration as I selected this session shortly before a live Q&A session that I then missed as I was so interested in Stanislaw's presentation.

Still, they will all be available later, I'm told.
Collapse

Noha Mostafa
Noha Mostafa  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2008)
English to Arabic
+ ...
On-demand content access Sep 30, 2010

A very interesting useful session. Hope to have more sessions on same issue to enable us develop our websites. Thank you very much Czech.

Rafal Piasta
Rafal Piasta  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
It's really well worth listening to Sep 30, 2010

Thank you very much Stanislaw! Your presentation is very helpful to me. I appreciate it very much. Kind regards, Rafal

Annette Aresu-Schmidt
Annette Aresu-Schmidt  Identity Verified
Italy
English to German
+ ...
Really great presentation, clear and structured Sep 30, 2010

I listened until the end of the presentation because it never got boring, I learned a lot as I'm new to SEO. Thanks ProZ for providing such presentations!!! Best wishes, Annette

[Edited at 2010-09-30 18:14 GMT]

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you for taking time to listen this presentation and for your kind words. Oct 1, 2010

I have uploaded to the page: http://polish-translation.biz/links/download/cat_view/32-seo.html file with presentation in several formats (self running presentation, Power Point 2007, Power Point 1997, Open Document and PDF).

Unfortunately due to overstretched programme there was no panel discussion on SEO which would allow to discuss these issues, however I'll
... See more
I have uploaded to the page: http://polish-translation.biz/links/download/cat_view/32-seo.html file with presentation in several formats (self running presentation, Power Point 2007, Power Point 1997, Open Document and PDF).

Unfortunately due to overstretched programme there was no panel discussion on SEO which would allow to discuss these issues, however I'll be happy to answer all your questions. You are welcome to contact me via my profile or www.polish-translation.biz

Best Regards
Stanislaw
Collapse

Valeria Mazza
Valeria Mazza  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Thank you ... Oct 1, 2010

...for your interesting and clear presentation, Stanislaw.
I'll try to implement your suggestions.

Valeria Mazza

[Edited at 2010-10-01 09:45 GMT]

Diane Kenyon
Diane Kenyon  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thank you for a worthwhile presentation Oct 2, 2010

This presentation is really worth your while watching if you want to learn how to promote and track your website on the search engines.

Very well presented and clearly explained.

Thank you Stanislaw,
Diane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): SEO for freelance translators - how can you promote your website yourself

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »