Which account type would suit me best?
Thread poster: Daniele Papini
Daniele Papini
Daniele Papini
Italy
Local time: 22:27
English to Italian
Oct 19, 2017

Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by!

I just created a profile and one of the options I had more trouble choosing is the account type.
My problem is that I'm kind of stuck between two of them: first of all, I'm an university student. I'm about to graduate, but still I'm a student and studying languages. However, while I've been studying I also had a few significant professional experiences that should make me a freelance translator...I think? I translated articles and
... See more
Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by!

I just created a profile and one of the options I had more trouble choosing is the account type.
My problem is that I'm kind of stuck between two of them: first of all, I'm an university student. I'm about to graduate, but still I'm a student and studying languages. However, while I've been studying I also had a few significant professional experiences that should make me a freelance translator...I think? I translated articles and a couple local books and also worked as a translator and interpreter in an American college for a year (I'm Italian, btw).

The thing is, I admit it wouldn't be that hard of a decision if it wasn't so obvious how many more jobs I have access to if I choose a freelance account. I chose the student account for now, but I'm very torn and unsure about this decision...So I'm asking for help. What do you think I should choose?

Thanks for your time!
Collapse

Birkti Meresa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which account type would suit me best?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »