Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Lol Aug 25, 2020

Dan Lucas wrote:
With the exception of a spike in seasonally strong May, monthly revenue has been flat to slightly up every month for the past six months.

Thus spake the former financial analyst

I’ve been pretty busy too.

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:10
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Can't help myself... Aug 26, 2020

Chris S wrote:

Old habits die hard!

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Do you mean Aug 26, 2020

Dan Lucas wrote:

Chris S wrote:

Old habits die hard!

Do you mean there was an upwards blip at the end of the second quartile?

Henrique Silva
Henrique Silva  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:10
English to Portuguese
Jobs transit! Aug 26, 2020

Things are going pretty slow these last 2 months for me. A big project in July and another in August saved my economies here!

Gordon Cornishk (X)
Gordon Cornishk (X)
Germany
13 uur Aug 26, 2020

Ik werk 13 uur per dag in een staalfabriek.

Rachel Waddington
Rachel Waddington  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
Busy Aug 26, 2020

I was so quiet earlier in the year I enrolled for a Master's degree to give me something to do.

Guess what? The new course starts in a couple of weeks and I'm now busier than I've ever been.

Sigh.

Elena Feriani

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Isn't it always the way though Aug 26, 2020

Rachel Waddington wrote:
I was so quiet earlier in the year I enrolled for a Master's degree to give me something to do.
Guess what? The new course starts in a couple of weeks and I'm now busier than I've ever been.

There are a couple of potential qualifications I have been eyeing up for the past year or two, but I've held off because I feel in my bones that I would get blitzed with projects the moment I enrolled for either of them. That seems to be the way the universe works. The qualifications still make sense longer term, mind...

On a more immediate timescale, I finished a large project last weekend, started Monday with one small job on the horizon, and was looking forward to a quiet week. Two days and a flurry of urgent inquiries later, the original job still hasn't hoved into view but six other projects from five separate customers (including two that had been quiet for months) have appeared - all for delivery within a few days.

Now I'm grimly preparing for another long evening as I struggle to keep up with these new commitments. Self-inflicted to an extent, but turning down work in this environment is psychologically difficult.

Dan

Rachel Waddington
Angie Garbarino

Veronica Montserrat
Veronica Montserrat
France
Local time: 21:10
Member (2020)
English to French
+ ...
Pretty full Aug 27, 2020

much to my suprise. I hope I'll be able to take at least a day off this weekend, haven't had any since the beginning of the month. But I don't complain at all.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: My workload right now is:

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »