Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How optimistic are you about your translation business in 2020?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Peter Leeflang
Peter Leeflang  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:14
Member (2014)
French to English
+ ...
Unsure so I will diversify Aug 10, 2020

The large majority of my customers is having a hard time with far less customers, far more competition for the same jobs, lower rates etc. There were a couple of months where I even had zero revenue.
It is picking up a bit, but I do not expect the serious damage this situation has inflicted on economies worldwide with shrinking GDPs of 20-30% till now to leave translators unscathed. And border closures, especially with a second wave like now are a business killer for cross border worker, w
... See more
The large majority of my customers is having a hard time with far less customers, far more competition for the same jobs, lower rates etc. There were a couple of months where I even had zero revenue.
It is picking up a bit, but I do not expect the serious damage this situation has inflicted on economies worldwide with shrinking GDPs of 20-30% till now to leave translators unscathed. And border closures, especially with a second wave like now are a business killer for cross border worker, which is what our profession effectively is.
Businesses customers are not going to recover in a mere few months. It will take years.
The only 'client' that probably is growing is government, but I do not work for them and never will.
Collapse

Jean Paul Icyimpaye

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How optimistic are you about your translation business in 2020?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »