Brazil
Local time: 18:40
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Exactly! Jul 11, 2020

Lincoln Hui wrote:

Paul Dixon wrote:

The first half of the year was very bad. I did get a few jobs, but nowhere near what I need to pay the bills. Brazil has been in a very bad crisis for at least five years and Covid has made things worse.
Even in the crisis, everything is so expensive here and prices are soaring, especially housing.

We can all recite your posts by heart now, you do not need to post the exact same thing twice in the same bloody thread.

In addition, Paul keeps passing this wrong impression that Brazil is in such a bad situtation all the time, which is quite untrue. I have statements of several colleagues in Brazil, in addition to myself, that we've been keeping up just fine, and the COVID crisis has not affected us so much. Paul has been making similar complaints WAY before the COVID crisis. He really needs some professional assistance for netwoking and marketing purposes, because HE has an issue there, not the whole country, whatsoever.

Dan Lucas

Kevin Patrick Johnson
Kevin Patrick Johnson
Japan
Local time: 06:40
Japanese to English
+ ...
Poor question Jul 11, 2020

The question isn't focused on the right period. The first six months include Jan-Mar, which were just fine and even very lucrative for me. However. Apr-Jun were extremely slow.

July has been great so far.

[Edited at 2020-07-11 17:25 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Financially, for me, the first half of 2020 was:

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »