Kaline Fernandes
Kaline Fernandes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:43
Portuguese to English
+ ...
May 5, 2021

Hello All,

I am new to MemoQ, having worked mostly with Trados and a feature that I found truly useful in Trados is that when you're aligning documents, if you select a segment, it automatically highlight both source and target, so it is easy to check if they are linked correctly.

I found that in MemoQ, if I select one segment, I have to manually find the the segment it is linked to, which delays my work considerably.

What I would like to know is: does Me
... See more
Hello All,

I am new to MemoQ, having worked mostly with Trados and a feature that I found truly useful in Trados is that when you're aligning documents, if you select a segment, it automatically highlight both source and target, so it is easy to check if they are linked correctly.

I found that in MemoQ, if I select one segment, I have to manually find the the segment it is linked to, which delays my work considerably.

What I would like to know is: does MemoQ have this feature of selecting target or source segment and it automatically showing the segment it is related to or do I have to manually click on target and source for all segments?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Kaline
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Selecting segments when making alignment on MemoQ

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »