Has anyone ever got this error message from MemoQ? What does it mean and how can I fix it ?
Thread poster: YL2017
YL2017
YL2017  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 02:50
Chinese to English
+ ...
Dec 6, 2019

I've been seeing this error message from MQ recently:
TYPE:
System.Exception

Tab page index of tab to be closed is -1, or DocumentControl is null

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Controls

It first happened when I was trying to import a bilingual document(memoq xlz file) into my project, I'm not sure what went wrong and all of a sudden I can't do anything in the software, no opening project/starting translation/creating new project, I can't eve
... See more
I've been seeing this error message from MQ recently:
TYPE:
System.Exception

Tab page index of tab to be closed is -1, or DocumentControl is null

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Controls

It first happened when I was trying to import a bilingual document(memoq xlz file) into my project, I'm not sure what went wrong and all of a sudden I can't do anything in the software, no opening project/starting translation/creating new project, I can't even close MQ, and everywhere I click this error messege popped up....
After I restart my computer I was able to create a new project, but somehow when I tried to open the old project it all happened again.

hopefully someone can help me figure out what's wrong.....Thanks in advance~!
Collapse

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:50
Polish to English
+ ...
Do not waste your time. Dec 6, 2019

There may be a bug or error in the package involved. What bug or error, who knows... Do not waste your time waiting. Before you receive any reply, I suggest to:

1. reinstall MemoQ (the latest version, of course);

2. ask your client to prepare the package again BUT with one or two insignificant text amendments (like a double space and/or double character instead of one), and - if possible - on ANOTHER computer.

Probably the Kilgray people are able to find th
... See more
There may be a bug or error in the package involved. What bug or error, who knows... Do not waste your time waiting. Before you receive any reply, I suggest to:

1. reinstall MemoQ (the latest version, of course);

2. ask your client to prepare the package again BUT with one or two insignificant text amendments (like a double space and/or double character instead of one), and - if possible - on ANOTHER computer.

Probably the Kilgray people are able to find the reason (if you send the package to them) but how long a time will/would it take?

HTH

AM
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:50
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Kilgray support response time Dec 6, 2019

Andrzej Mierzejewski wrote:

Probably the Kilgray people are able to find the reason (if you send the package to them) but how long a time will/would it take?

It occasionally happens that a file is corrupted, but MemoQ support can fix the problem. If you put in a support ticket using Kilgray's support platform on their website and mark it Critical, they will usually respond within a few minutes, in my experience.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone ever got this error message from MemoQ? What does it mean and how can I fix it ?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »