You Are Invited to Canada's First Ever Language Advocacy Day! - February 4, 2021 at 9:00 AM.
Thread poster: Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 11:24
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
Jan 20, 2021

Canadian Language Advocacy Day (LAD):

Inspired by over 40 years of continuous effort by the Joint National Committee for Languages (JNCL), the ... See more
Canadian Language Advocacy Day (LAD):

Inspired by over 40 years of continuous effort by the Joint National Committee for Languages (JNCL), the objective of Canadian Language Advocacy Day (LAD) is to build an informal coalition of language rights advocates, individuals and organizations who will participate in an informational, virtual advocacy day at Queen's Park on February 4th, 2021. The long-term objective is to establish an ongoing language policy forum and explore the role of language within the context of social justice, education and economic recovery.

Join for an exciting day of virtual engagement exploring the power of language and the importance of language services to the well-being of all Canadians.

This virtual day includes:

• In-depth panel conversations exploring the impact of language policies (the Canadian LANGUAGE RIGHTS CONFERENCE), including Reflections on the Indigenous Languages Act, Pandemic Communication and Language Gaps and Re-imagining Language Services Design
  • The OUR LANGUAGE RIGHTS Film FESTIVAL, a curated schedule of short and long National Film Board documentaries as well as videos and TedTalks exploring language inter-sectionality
  • Facilitated breakout rooms for those interested in networking and/or collaboration opportunities to meet and discuss language-related projects (VIDEO)

Join on February 4, 2021 at 9:00 AM.

Register soon because space is limited. Hope you’ll be able to make it!

Register
Collapse

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:24
German to English
+ ...
some confusion Jan 24, 2021

I got lost in the links. Above all, I tried to find out if this was "Canadian". Following links within links, I ended up at Capitol Hill and the US. Is this international? American? i.e. language issues would be different in different countries.

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:24
German to English
+ ...
no answer? Jan 27, 2021

I just checked back on my question.

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 11:24
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
You should get in touch with LAD organizers. Jan 31, 2021

Hi, Maxi,

You should get in touch with LAD organizers. I understand that their email address is: [email protected]

You also have a contact form at the event website: https://www.languageadvocacyday.org/

Have a great week!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

You Are Invited to Canada's First Ever Language Advocacy Day! - February 4, 2021 at 9:00 AM.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »