TheBigWord Highly Secure Translation Editor
Thread poster: Stephen Komarny
Stephen Komarny
Stephen Komarny
United Kingdom
Ukrainian to English
Sep 28, 2017

I have recently been asked to work on a project using Trados Highly Secure Translation Editor. Unfortunately it won't validate all the segments because it is seeing issues that are not there

These include: untranslated text- some of the original contains English words and acronyms

Double spaces: it sees double spaces where there are none. I have as an experiment removed all the spaces from one such segment- and it is still insisting they are there.

Lack of
... See more
I have recently been asked to work on a project using Trados Highly Secure Translation Editor. Unfortunately it won't validate all the segments because it is seeing issues that are not there

These include: untranslated text- some of the original contains English words and acronyms

Double spaces: it sees double spaces where there are none. I have as an experiment removed all the spaces from one such segment- and it is still insisting they are there.

Lack of punctuation: it's seeing this issue in perfectly well punctuated sentences. As an experiment I have tried adding commas etc but to no avail.

I've asked the person who hired me and they don't have a clue-

I can't access any help on the web

Does anyone know a way to get the programme to see these segments as valid ?

Best Wishes

Steve
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:53
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Are you sure it's Trados? Sep 28, 2017

It's rather TheBigWord's online CAT tool - see, e.g. https://www.proz.com/topic/306983

Stephen Komarny
Stephen Komarny
United Kingdom
Ukrainian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Re Yes That's It Sep 28, 2017

Hi Natalie

Yes that's it

I think it's related to Trados

Any help gratefully received

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 21:53
English to Italian
+ ...
It's not Trados Sep 28, 2017

Stephen Komarny wrote:

Hi Natalie

Yes that's it

I think it's related to Trados

Any help gratefully received

Hi Stephen. I think HSTE is a proprietary web based platform used by one specific company. Write an email to your project manager. It's not an SDL product. If you find yourself not at ease with it ask them to use a ttx file on SDL Trados, provided it is allowed by your project.

Enrico

[Edited at 2017-09-28 23:01 GMT]

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 14:53
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sounds familiar Sep 29, 2017

Stephen Komarny wrote:

I've asked the person who hired me and they don't have a clue-

Steve

Haha, that rings a bell... However, I'm usually quite relieved to find out that they don't know (whatever the query happens to be about) either...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TheBigWord Highly Secure Translation Editor

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »