Thread poster: Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

May 18, 2017

While working with XLF files from an agency, I have been sent TMX translation memories. When trying to import the TMX into Wordfast 3, I receive the error:

***warning*** TU 1 contains carriage return
***warning*** TU 2 contains carriage return
***warning*** TU 3 contains carriage return
***warning*** TU 4 contains ca
... See more
While working with XLF files from an agency, I have been sent TMX translation memories. When trying to import the TMX into Wordfast 3, I receive the error:

***warning*** TU 4 contains carriage return
***warning*** TU 4 contains carriage return
***warning*** TU 5 contains carriage return
***warning*** TU 5 contains carriage return
***warning*** TU 6 contains carriage return

...and so on.

I previously found a work-around, which is to import the TMX into Wordfast Anywhere (www.freetm.com) then export as a Wordfast TM, and this has worked fine. It's just a strange process to have to follow each time that I'm sent a job!

I'm wondering whether newer versions of WF will address this or whether there are more straight-forward work-arounds? It seems odd that one version of WF works and newer versions don't.
Collapse

MaxOO (X)
MaxOO (X)
Japan
It's just a warning May 22, 2017

Hello,

For a test, I created a TM that has one translation unit with a carriage return in it (i.e., two lines in one unit), and imported it into WFP3. Yes, the same message appeared. But as I proceeded, the TM unit was imported successfully. So, this is just a warning, not an error message.

You should be able to see those TUs in the TM administration perspective after importing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Max

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing TMX

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »