Thread poster: Monica Paolillo
Monica Paolillo
Monica Paolillo
Italy
Local time: 17:03
English to Italian
+ ...
May 9, 2017

Anybody using Titlebee? Care to share some feedback? I find the multitrack option would be a nice addition, but I'm particularly concerned about this "cloud" feature. Thanks! http://www.titlebee.com/

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 18:03
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
No plans to disable cloud saving May 9, 2017

This is the reason why I 'returned' my copy of titlebee and asked for a refund: they said they don't plan to disable cloud saving of your subtitle files or allow you to manage their storage location. I find this unacceptable. I would at least want to be able to see where my files are saved and delete them if I so choose.

Other than that, I found the application quite comfortable to use and productive. But my privacy and security of my clients' sensitive data comes first.

[Edi
... See more
This is the reason why I 'returned' my copy of titlebee and asked for a refund: they said they don't plan to disable cloud saving of your subtitle files or allow you to manage their storage location. I find this unacceptable. I would at least want to be able to see where my files are saved and delete them if I so choose.

Other than that, I found the application quite comfortable to use and productive. But my privacy and security of my clients' sensitive data comes first.

[Edited at 2017-05-09 08:33 GMT]
Collapse

Monica Paolillo
Monica Paolillo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Absolutely! May 9, 2017

Same here. I find it outrageous that they should be handling it this way when they're offering a product which is to be used professionally in an industry (subtitling) that is all about copyright!!! How can they get away with this? It's a scandal.

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

[Edited at 2017-05-09 08:33 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-05-09 08:37 GMT]

bbclaura
bbclaura
Jordan
Local time: 19:03
Arabic to English
+ ...
My feedback May 9, 2017

After using free options (Subtitle Edit, Subtitle Workshop, Jubler) we recently switched to Titlebee because out of the paid options we evaluated (e.g EZTitles) we thought Titlebee was the best subtitling software.

My feedback:

Editing more than one language side by side with spellchecking for each language is sweet, especially as Titlebee shows this on a vertical timeline with a waveform for easy comparison.

Export to video with subtitles burned-in works f
... See more
After using free options (Subtitle Edit, Subtitle Workshop, Jubler) we recently switched to Titlebee because out of the paid options we evaluated (e.g EZTitles) we thought Titlebee was the best subtitling software.

My feedback:

Editing more than one language side by side with spellchecking for each language is sweet, especially as Titlebee shows this on a vertical timeline with a waveform for easy comparison.

Export to video with subtitles burned-in works flawlessy and support is wonderful.

I'm ok with cloud backup as it lets me work on my projects from the office or my laptop at home without having to transfer to USB. On the website it says it is securely backed up: http://www.titlebee.com/index.aspx#features same with GoogleDocs or Evernote. I never had a problem working on Titlebee offline.

Titlebee is easily the most productive subtitle software I used, only problems are no Mac version and only supports SRT, SCC and STL (No XML) - I still have to use Subtitle Workshop to convert formats.

OP, I recommend trying the free Bronze version you can download here: http://www.titlebee.com/signup.aspx?page=download
Collapse

Monica Paolillo
Monica Paolillo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your feedback, but... May 10, 2017

...the link you appended does not give any information whatsoever about the location of the cloud servers, about how exactly the data is stored and used, how long it's going to stay on their servers and the security measurements in place on the servers' end. And in principle, don't you think the user should be able to activate and/or deactivate this option based on their needs?

That's really too bad, as I would have loved the multitrack option...
See more
...the link you appended does not give any information whatsoever about the location of the cloud servers, about how exactly the data is stored and used, how long it's going to stay on their servers and the security measurements in place on the servers' end. And in principle, don't you think the user should be able to activate and/or deactivate this option based on their needs?

That's really too bad, as I would have loved the multitrack option
Collapse

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Question May 11, 2017

Does the software have shot change detection?

[Edited at 2017-05-11 09:38 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Titlebee anyone?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »