Thread poster: Roy Oestensen
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:09
Member (2004)
English to Italian
it would be nice... Jul 30, 2015

to have an official confirmation from SDL...

Carlos Rangel
Carlos Rangel
Brazil
Local time: 05:09
English to Portuguese
Trados 2014 won't start under Windows 10 Jul 30, 2015

I could not start Trados 2014 under Window 10 too.

Error message.

Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started.

Bertrand Malingrey
Bertrand Malingrey  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:09
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Same here Jul 31, 2015

Same issue. Although it worked for one day, but now it crashes systematically. Reverted to 8.1 and now it's working fine.
Think we're going to need a bugfix for Win10...

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 09:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
No issues with W10 Jul 31, 2015

I upgraded to W10 and forgot to deactivate Studio 2014 SP2 before upgrading.
Anyway, I've been working with Studio without any problems whatsoever.
Studio works fine.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
Win10 and Studio 2014 Aug 1, 2015

I just upgraded my old laptop to Windows 10 (I couldn't wait for the OK from Microsoft, so I forced the install last night). Studio 2014 started up without any trouble for me. I'm still nervous about upgrading my main computer, though. I spent almost two weeks without it and I don't want to lose it again.

ElenaCM (X)
ElenaCM (X)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Fix worth trying for service not started Aug 5, 2015

Carlos Rangel wrote:

I could not start Trados 2014 under Window 10 too.

Error message.

Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started.

I am downloading right now W10 and I was about to upgrade as I have seen a few people reporting that Studio 2014 is working fine with W10. However, I am a little concerned after seeing that a bunch of people are encountering this problem.
I have googled it and it seems that this message was also reported as early as Studio 2009, so could any of you please try the fix from the knowledge base and let us know if it works?

http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/2818.html

Cheers,

Elena

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Cannot open Studio 2014 Aug 5, 2015

Upgraded to Windows 10. DVX3 works perfectly fine. Studio 2014 would not open. Error message:

"Service 'Sdl. Translation Studio.AlignmentEditor.lAlignmentEditorService' could not be started."

I cannot make sense out of it. And I cannot beleive I will have to updrage to Studio 2015. In Spanish we call it "trampa". Not happy.

It's not that I use Studio too often (day-to-day, it's DVX3), but if a Studio package arrives, I simply do not know how to deal with it
... See more
Upgraded to Windows 10. DVX3 works perfectly fine. Studio 2014 would not open. Error message:

"Service 'Sdl. Translation Studio.AlignmentEditor.lAlignmentEditorService' could not be started."

I cannot make sense out of it. And I cannot beleive I will have to updrage to Studio 2015. In Spanish we call it "trampa". Not happy.

It's not that I use Studio too often (day-to-day, it's DVX3), but if a Studio package arrives, I simply do not know how to deal with it in DVX3 (or if it can be deallt with at all).

It goes without saying that any help will be highly appreciated.

[Editado a las 2015-08-05 15:28 GMT]
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Emergency help (DVX3 and Studio) Aug 5, 2015

Merab Dekano wrote:

It's not that I use Studio too often (day-to-day, it's DVX3), but if a Studio package arrives, I simply do not know how to deal with it in DVX3 (or if it can be deallt with at all).

It goes without saying that any help will be highly appreciated.

[Editado a las 2015-08-05 15:28 GMT]

Hi Merab,
you know that you can open (extract) Studio packages with WinRar, so that you will at least be able to have access to the folders with sdlxliff files?
Good luck,
Matthias

Jana Uhlik
Jana Uhlik  Identity Verified
Belize
Local time: 02:09
English to German
Any news on this from SDL? We need confirmation. Aug 12, 2015

I am waiting to install Windows 10 and I am wondering what will happen with Studio 2015, we need to hear something official from SDL.

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It works Aug 12, 2015

Jana Uhlik wrote:

I am waiting to install Windows 10 and I am wondering what will happen with Studio 2015, we need to hear something official from SDL.

I installed Windows 10 about a week ago. Studio 2014 wouldn't start. Since I am more and more using DVX3, it did not bother me too much.

Yesterday I clicked on Studio icon again and it resulted in an update of some sort. Few seconds later my Studio 2014 was up and running.

**** happens, but so do good things. I'm no longer forced to upgrade to Studio 2015 and this makes me a happier person.

[Edited at 2015-08-12 17:49 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Working here Aug 15, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:
My question was if Studio will run fine on Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 about a week ago. Both Studio 2014 and Studio 2015 are running fine.

Daniela Vladimirova
Daniela Vladimirova
Netherlands
English to Italian
+ ...
Upgraded yesterday... Aug 16, 2015

... from Win 8.1 to Win 10 on my 64-bit HP Envy. I have both Studio 2014 and 2015 FL installed, and both work fine. Hope this helps.

Vladimir Filipenko
Vladimir Filipenko  Identity Verified
Kazakhstan
Local time: 14:09
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
Studio 2015 would not open under W10, while Studio 2014 is running fine Aug 17, 2015

Just installed Studio 2015 on my laptop, which had recently been upgraded to Windows 10, which in turn was working fine with Studio 2014 for about a week. Studio 2015 refused to open right from the start, keeps displaying the same warning message - "Service 'Sdl. Translation Studio.AlignmentEditor.lAlignmentEditorService' could not be started." Re-installed Studio 2015 three times - to no avail. Oddly enough, both Studio 2014 and 2015 are running fine on my desktop under Windows 10. Both instanc... See more
Just installed Studio 2015 on my laptop, which had recently been upgraded to Windows 10, which in turn was working fine with Studio 2014 for about a week. Studio 2015 refused to open right from the start, keeps displaying the same warning message - "Service 'Sdl. Translation Studio.AlignmentEditor.lAlignmentEditorService' could not be started." Re-installed Studio 2015 three times - to no avail. Oddly enough, both Studio 2014 and 2015 are running fine on my desktop under Windows 10. Both instances of Win10 are 64-bit, the only difference is that Win10 is Pro on the laptop and Home on the desktop. SDL, please help!Collapse

Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
2014 SP1 & W10 yes, SP2 no Aug 19, 2015

Dear all,
Having just seen this thread I thought I'd share my experience with Studio 2014 running on a Virtual Box.
Namely, that with the early Beta versions of W10, Studio 2014 SP2 simply did not work for me. But after installing SP1, it worked fine.

Now that I have installed the "final" Windows 10 on a real computer, it is running Studio 2014 SP2 without problem.

-Mike-

Vladimir Filipenko
Vladimir Filipenko  Identity Verified
Kazakhstan
Local time: 14:09
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started Aug 19, 2015

Maybe SDL representatives here could spare a minute to let us know if the "Service 'Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started" is being addressed after all? This warning message still prevents me (like probably several colleagues) from opening Studio 2015 on my laptop with W10 installed, which is rather frustrating.

[Edited at 2015-08-19 15:18 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows 10 v. Studio 2014/2015

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »