Thread poster: DLyons
DLyons
DLyons  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 21:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 22, 2015

From a French source text. So my 80% match is "Genetically modified maize (Zea mays L.)". Closely followed by "President of the medical Association of Zimbabwe, Dr X, read:" and "This Regulation shall enter into force on the 20th day following its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union."

But people ask for fuzzy match discounts - Go Figure!

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:48
German to English
+ ...
admittedly lost May 23, 2015

I did not understand the post. I tried reading the post, thinking that the point had to do with the idea that reading was the most important element of education. Then I read the post, and tried to rethink what the title might mean. Can you explain further?

DLyons
Ireland
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry -( May 23, 2015

My Trados source segment had one word - the French word "lire" (to read/reading). Pretty obvious how that should be translated in the context of a primary school.

What came back were the three 80% matches that I posted. Only one of them even contained the word and none were of even the vaguest relevance.

I just thought it was funny!

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 16:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sic transit ... May 23, 2015

Hmm... 'sick', more like!
I refer to your cat, DL, not you. Have you called a vet? I think you should ...

DLyons
Ireland
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
On the bright side May 23, 2015

Robin Levey wrote:

Hmm... 'sick', more like!
I refer to your cat, DL, not you. Have you called a vet? I think you should ...

It could have been a lot worse if they were subtle, easily missed, errors. Give me "glaring" every time in this context

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The key role of the school is to learn how to "Lire"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »