Thread poster: adremco
adremco
adremco
Local time: 14:02
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 20, 2010

Hoi,

Voorbeelden hieronder, en de manier waarop ik het nu doe. Het heeft weinig zin om de url's te vertalen want dan doen ze het natuurlijk niet, maar het is wel van belang dat de niet Nederlandstalige lezer weet waar die websites over gaan. Zonder de toevoeging van www verandert de tekst van de vertaling tussen haakjes namelijk niet in een link, terwijl het Nederlandse webadres dat wel is in mijn tekst (weet niet of dat hier ook zo verschijnt). Ik ben niet ontevreden over mijn opl
... See more
Hoi,

Voorbeelden hieronder, en de manier waarop ik het nu doe. Het heeft weinig zin om de url's te vertalen want dan doen ze het natuurlijk niet, maar het is wel van belang dat de niet Nederlandstalige lezer weet waar die websites over gaan. Zonder de toevoeging van www verandert de tekst van de vertaling tussen haakjes namelijk niet in een link, terwijl het Nederlandse webadres dat wel is in mijn tekst (weet niet of dat hier ook zo verschijnt). Ik ben niet ontevreden over mijn oplossing, maar vroeg mij eigenlijk af of iemand een betere manier weet.

Dank!

...ruled that the website www.erectiestoornis.nl (translation: erectiledysfunction.nl) was in violation of...

The same goes for the information provided on www.kiesbeter.nl (translation: choosebetter.nl), a website enabled by the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport through the RIVM.

...regarding the website www.beschermjedochter.nl (translation: projectyourdaughter.nl), the judgement was that...

...regarding the website www.erectieplein.nl (translation: erectionportal.nl), the whole campaign was deemed to be...

...online services are available such as www.allepersberichten.nl (translation: allpressreleases.nl).

Also, can you use a comma after a bracket like I'm doing in 2, 3 and 4?

And lastly, I know erectionportal sounds a bit weird but hey, so does erectieplein right?
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 05:02
Dutch to English
+ ...
Good as is Aug 20, 2010

I'm not sure if you even have to say "translation" each time - you could just give the translation in brackets and I think people will understand that that is the translation.

As for the comma after a bracket, that is fine.

Erectionportal does sound a bit weird but so does the Dutch name. I think people will understand what it is about.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Vertalen websites

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »